In My Head it Makes Sense

These are the tales of a newlywed couple who are trying to figure out life together...hilarity ensues

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

all about candles

hello friends

good new is that I got the job at NuSkin. Bad news is the only shift they could offer me is 8-2pm so I had to quit Infotrax. Because I start on monday with training and couldn't give Infotrax two weeks notice I can never work there again, which is sad. It's a nice job to be able to fall back on. I don't really know much about my new job but I'm sure the 60 hours of training will answer ALL of my questions. yay for $3 more an hour.

I'm not in school this semester so I get to spend the amount of time I always want to in working out, cleaning, and shopping (for milk, of course). I also get to shop for business casual clothing. No more wearing Uggs and hoodies to work for me :( Also off carbonated drinks. powerade is my new drink of choice. in addition to lots of water, of course.

annoyed that my laptop can't get on the internet at work. I actually only brought it to charge my ipod. treadmilling to laptop speakers just doesn't cut it. I'm working on a mix cd for nicole and realized that I don't have some good tunes. mostly want the internet so I can get on itunes store.

speaking of nicole, we went candle shopping yesterday. I can't stand my house not smelling good so I got more sandlewood vanilla wallflowers for the living room first. We then went to For Every Body outlet. Ohmystars they have every scent of candle you can think of! I bought a candle warmer/ wax melter thing but it doesn't work. It's way cute so I'll prob take it back so our room can smell like roses and nothing will catch fire! I brought my apricot tart candle to work today. helps with the construction and b.o. smells that still linger from the moving process.

I need a project that doesn't cost money and will keep me occupied. I want to scrapbook but I haven't even printed our wedding photos and scrapbooking is expensive. I want to learn to sew but without a direction to go with it I'll never do it. My house is a long work in progress. I guess I really shouldn't be thinking about a project when my house is still a mess!

Found our BYU married student ward and went on Sunday. It's definitely different but I'm excited to make friends and be around so many people in our same situation.

Taylor just brought me chinese food complete with my favorite cream cheese wantons! I just know he's trying to sabotage my diet grrr. I love noodles so much. in anything. with anything. noodles & co is my favorite place to eat. Not taylor's tho so I usually just go with nicole :]

I really look up to Lady GaGa. She is a true artist. what you see is who she really is. I have always thought of myself as an artist. She inspires me to find who I am and to make true art. I also just kind of want to wear awesome clothes. She is so heavily inspired by David Bowie and Andy Warhol. I need to find more inspiration. Audrey Hepburn would be one, of course :] I love art and I love what she is doing for the world with her glamrock futurepop.

anywho, movie of the week: the hangover. so dang funny.
album of the week: glee vol 2.

lovies!

4 comments:

  1. Great to read about you again!(mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Butter B - I just found THE MOST FANTASTIC channel on Pandora - I typed in "Simon and Garfunkel" and ohmyohmyohmy - hours of the greatest singing and guitar music! You gotta check it out when you are in a guitar and great singing mood! The fact that it is all music from when I was in high school and college might have something to do with it but it is still beautiful! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So tell us your new adventures and why is it called Nu Skin? and what do you do? Inquiring minds want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. come on girl! Where are the pictures of your adventures with the critters?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete