In My Head it Makes Sense

These are the tales of a newlywed couple who are trying to figure out life together...hilarity ensues

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

High Fashion

I have been designing clothes since I was a little girl. Dress-up was my favorite game. I started a silk scarf collection just because it made me feel couture. The other day I got out my scarf collection to see if I should sell it or give it to my little sisterinlaw to wear. I found I was still very very attached to those scarves. Bottom line: the world is beautiful to me because of color and texture. I feel I have a knack for manipulating those and need to see them. So yesterday I looked up some pics from couture runway shows. I get so excited looking at them! not just because they're beautiful, but because they are genius. There is a science as well as an artform in high fashion that I appreciate. I feel like a little boy looking at naughty pictures when I find one especially revolutionary. I started a collection of beautiful things I found and organized them in my photobucket. Now when I am lonely or art starved I can look at them and marvel at their
beauty or look at them and break them down scientifically and create ideas for my own designs.

favorite-> I've always been a sucker for big flowing dresses :] it kinda looks like my bedspread...


I really need a sewing machine.

lovies!

No comments:

Post a Comment