In My Head it Makes Sense

These are the tales of a newlywed couple who are trying to figure out life together...hilarity ensues

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Journalism

Hello my lovelies.

After reading other blogs and actual pieces of informative journalism I have decided that my blog sucks.

In addition to writing about random facts about the life of Taylor & Brittany, maybe I could add some review from a girl's perspective. Being married to a boy, I have to opportunity of being exposed to media and activities that I otherwise haven't.

Like Golf. What's up with golf? the first thing I learned is that yes, it actually takes a lot of skill and insight. There are 5 million types of clubs to hit that little ball against all types of distances and terrain. I can see the male appeal to it - who can conquer nature and physics best. Plus you're hitting a ball. That automatically makes it a sport. I learned how to chip the other day. I spent half of the time making fun of the golf stance until finally I realized how much Taylor and his buddies love golf. I realized that if I can't escape it, I might as well be good at it.

We went and saw Harry Potter Monday night. I must have seen to many exciting movies recently, because the movie moved so slowly to me. Don't get me wrong, it was a delightful ride, but definitely not the best Potter movie yet and definitely not the best movie of the summer.

The best movie I've seen recently is Watchmen. The first time I saw it was in theaters. I couldn't decide if I liked it because I had a hard time keeping up with the plot and was grossed out by certain parts. We bought the director's cut the other day. What a difference! Not only did I understand the plot, but I caught so many more subtleties and political statements. The graphics are awesome- some parts are pretty disturbing, though. Even the sex scene wasn't so lame in this version, haha.

video of the day: Powerthirst, Powerthirst 2
website of the day: Oddee

For those of you as bored as I am :]

p.s. I want to be hayley williams - the lead singer of paramore. At least I have the hair and height down... now just that voice...



















lovies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment