In My Head it Makes Sense

These are the tales of a newlywed couple who are trying to figure out life together...hilarity ensues

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

memorial day weekend

brit again-

So yesterday I spent a while arguing with the layout of this blog. I am rusty with html and such so I just set it as this cloudy ocean scene until I catch up with the technology...

Sunday I made a pie! I really had my heart set on a key lime pie (because it's my fav and it was in my betty crocker cookbook.) well, betty crocker lied to me. She said that most supermarkets will have key lime juice. They don't. I didn't want to use regular lime juice because I'm not secure enough to experiment in the kitchen yet. So I made the crust and whipped cream from scratch and used a jello brand coconut cream pudding middle. It was still delish :]

Sunday night we stayed over at Ryan and Tara's so that we could get up early and go to the zoo with their little one Hayden and Tara's parents. We played a lot of Halo. My average is more around 4 kills instead of 0! haha. Hayden is the cutest and smartest little kid I have ever seen. Seriously, all they do is laugh at the cute things he does! plus he knows who me and Tay are and will go around saying our names. it's way cute.

The zoo was so fun! I haven't been to a legit zoo since I was little. It was cool seeing all of the pretty animals. They had tigers and cheetas and gorrillas but still my favorites were the Llamas and the bats. I had no idea bats were so cute! Just like the Germans say, little flying mice. and I do love mice. Llamas are just plain awesome.

Taylor has decided we need a dog as soon as we are able. That should probably be when I graduate so it can be taken care of properly, but he is already really in need of a buddy. Maybe a puppy for Christmas...maybe. I've never had a normal dog so I am excited. It would also help me decide that I'm not ready for kids, haha.

I really want to dye my hair a dark auburn color I bought, but I want my hair in my new driver's license to be red. I've got to get that first. I also need a haircut first. But I did get my social security card! I am legally Mrs Brittany Anne Russo :]

lovies,
♥the new russos

2 comments:

  1. You can use regular lime juice to make the pie. Just add a little more sugar! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute =] LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete